• Kefir grains
In the glass jar put the kefir grains, for this mass of graind as in the photo I use 800 ml of milk (I prepared with cow milk). And let in the room temperature for 24 hours. In the end of process mix it with a wooden or rubber spoon, because if we touch the kefir grains with a metal they will lose the benefits
After 24 hours you must remove the grains from the prepared yogurt, I use the rubber spoon.
Over approximately 24 hours, the microorganisms in the kefir grains multiply and ferment the sugars in the milk, turning it into kefir.
Kefir is a fermented drink, more you prepare yogurt kefir the grains will increase more in size. I prepare the yogurt kefir every 4 or 5 days and in that time I put the grains in small amounts of milk (look at the photo), just to be activated, because the kefir grains are bacteria.
But, if we want to rest from preparing yogurt kefir,we can dry them for longer breaks.
How I use the yogurt kefir:
Usually, I put in the yogurt kefir chia seeds, flax seeds, poppy seeds and oats. I mix them well, put in the fridge and every morning I take from the the measure prepared, add a banana and blend, it’s a perfect breakfast.
Benefits of Kefir:
• Kefir Is a Fantastic Source of Many Nutrients
• Kefir Is a More Powerful Probiotic Than Yogurt
• Kefir Has Potent Antibacterial Properties
• Kefir Can Improve Bone Health and Lower the Risk of Osteoporosis
• Kefir May Be Protective Against Cancer
• The Probiotics in It May Help With Various Digestive Problems
• Kefir Is Low in Lactose
• Kefir May Improve Allergy and Asthma Symptoms
Watch the video for more: